The Canadian Society of Medievalists represents the interests a community of scholars, students, and enthusiasts in Canada and abroad. We hold an annual congress, collaborate on projects with CARMEN, and distribute two issues of our newsletter "Scrinium." Our annual journal, "Florilegium," is devoted to the study of late Antiquity and the Middle Ages.
The CSM's first president was Margaret Wade Labarge in 1993.
The society also recognizes significant work done by scholars and students in medieval studies:
- The Margaret Wade Labarge Prize
- The Leonard Boyle Dissertation
- The Student Presentation Prize
Membership in the CSM allows you to join an active, engaged community of scholars. Proceeds go to funding our annual conference, website, and journal.
- Annual issue of our journal Florilegium
- Bi-annual issues of our newsletter Scrinium
- Access to the Scrinium archives
- Custom profiles
- Ability to post your news, projects, and CFPs
- Exclusive access to jobs, groups, and member directories
- Ability to pay online and manage your membership
- Ability to participate in our annual congress
- Network using our forums, groups, and private messaging system